Explore Goose Pond
Explore GPSR camp sites and other areas of the Pond. Look for the 360-degree virtual tour links!
- Dickson Lodge
- Handicraft Lodge
- All Other Camp Locatons
If you are looking for an opportunity to do outpost-style camping for your summer resident camp experience, we have just the thing for you with this beautiful site. Wide open spaces, lots of room, and its own entrance make this site a real favorite for off-season and summer resident campers alike. Pioneer sits on a bluff across the road from the main camp and is definitely off on it's own. Yet it isn't so far from the main camp that you can't be part of all the great things that make Goose Pond what it's famous for. You get the best of both worlds at Pioneer - on your own and able to participate in all the programs the Pond offers when you want them.
Site capacity: For large sized units or several smaller units camping together
Special Features: Grassy center with nicely shaded woods on edges
Latrine type: Classic-style pit latrinesPioneer in the Summer features:
- Outpost-style open camping - you provide your own tents, tarps, and cots
- Food is provided by the camp for you daily to prepare in your site
- Water supplied at 2 washstands
- 5 Picnic Tables
- Large, open center area yielding a good amount of sunshine during the day.
- Has 2 latrines and washstands.
- Usually accessible during the off-season